Running Too Much Can Lead to Possible Injuries
While running is one of the best exercises we can do, it is complicated. Yes, all you need to do is to go outside and run, but there are many things you must pay attention to. You should beware of: too soon, too much, too often and too fast. When running, you break your body down, but it is rebuilt much stronger. Most of these processes happened during the night, when we sleep. Because of this, speed is even more important. If you don’t sleep enough, your body cannot rebuild itself! As the result, you will feel fatigue, grouchiness and poor race times.
If you are running too fast or too much, here are indicators that will prove you this.
• If you are just tired, with no reason, and you feel like you are moving under water, you are experiencing general fatigue.
• If you train too much, you will disrupt the circadian rhythm. As the result, you will have problems sleeping. This means that you must take a break.
• If your resting heart rate is increased, it means that your body is under more stress.
• Lingering soreness can worsen over time.
• If your mood changes too often, you may exercise too much. This means that you are pushing your body above the limits.
If you are experiencing several, or all of the aforementioned indicators, you must have a break. Rest for a week or two. During that time, it is crucial to eat and sleep well. Also, you can do things that relax you and make you happy. After the rest, you can start exercising again, just don’t repeat the mistake.